[Openstack] Database (Got timeout reading communication packets)

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Mon May 14 14:41:09 UTC 2018

While I was working on something else I remembered the error messages
you described, I have them, too. It's a lab environment on hardware
nodes with a sufficient network connection, and since we had to debug
network issues before, we can rule out network problems in our case.
I found a website [1] to track down galera issues, I tried to apply
those steps and it seems that the openstack code doesn't close the
connections properly, hence the aborted connections.
I'm not sure if this is the correct interpretation, but since I didn't
face any problems related to the openstack databases I decided to
ignore these messages as long as the openstack environment works
properly.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://www.fromdual.ch/abbrechende-mariadb-mysql-verbindungen