[Openstack] Database (Got timeout reading communication packets)

Torin Woltjer torin.woltjer at granddial.com
Mon May 14 14:02:21 UTC 2018

>are these interruptions occasionally or do they occur all the time? Is
>this a new issue or has this happened before?

This is a 3 node Galera cluster on 3 KVM virtual machines. The errors are
constantly printing in the logs, and no node is excluded from receiving the
errors. I don't know whether they had always been there or not, but I
noticed them after an update.

>Does the openstack environment work as expected despite these messages
>or do you experience interruptions in the services?

The openstack services operate normally, the dashboard is fairly slow, but it
always has been.

>I would check the network setup first (I have read about loose cables
>in different threads...), maybe run some ping tests between the
>machines to see if there's anything weird. Since you mention different
>services reporting these interruptions this seems like a network issue
>to me.

The hosts are all networked with bonded 10G SFP+ cables networked via a
switch. Pings between the VMs seem fine. If I were to guess, any networking
problem would be between the guest and host due to libvirt. Anything that I
should be looking for there?