[Openstack] HA Compute & Instance Evacuation

Patil, Tushar Tushar.Patil at nttdata.com
Mon May 14 08:07:37 UTC 2018

Hi Torin,

>> Do you have a timetable on when the patch will be merged? If it is a relatively small window of time, I would rather wait to use
>> the patched mainline code.
You should be able to test masakari successfully as below three patches are already merged.

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/546492/15 - openstack/masakari-monitors (it doesn't use masakariclient any more)
2. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/567781/ - openstack/requirements (openstacksdk lower constraints updated to 0.13.0)
3. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/536653/ - openstack/masakari (change service-type from "ha" to "instance-ha".

If you are planning to install Openstack using latest devstack, then it will install openstacksdk 0.13.0 by default. No need to take any further action by yourself otherwise you need to ensure that you have correct version of openstacksdk (0.13.0) and also add masakari endpoint to use the correct service-type. Recommend to install latest masakari using devstack.

4. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557634/2 - python-masakariclient (This patch needs to be merged ASAP)
If you are planning to use python-masakariclient to create failover segments or add hosts etc, then you will need to wait until this patch is merged. We need to update this patch to add correct version of openstacksdk in requirements.txt. We will merge this particular patch by tomorrow. But if you plan to add failover segment/hosts by calling RestFul API using curl or any other method, then probably you won't face any issues.

Regards,
Tushar Patil