[Openstack] Ocata Created Ports Strange Issue

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Fri Feb 9 15:48:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

my input on this is very limited, but I believe we had a similar issue
in our Ocata cloud. My workaround was like yours, detach the assigned
port, recreate it and attach it again. The only strange thing was,
that when I wanted to delete the port, the CLI reported that the port
didn't exist, it literally disappeared!
I didn't spend very much time to debug it because it has not happened
since then. And if I remember correctly, it occured around our large
migration, where we upgraded our Ceph backend to the latest version,
upgraded the OS of all nodes and also the cloud from Mitaka to Ocata
(via Newton), it could have been a side effect of that, at least that
was my hope.

So as I said, this is not of big help, but I can confirm your
observation, unfortunately without any pointers to the cause. If this
happens again, I will definitely spend more time on debugging! ;-)

Regards,
Eugen