[Openstack] OpenStack Summit Vancouver Speed Mentoring Workshop—Call for Mentors

Amy Marrich amy at demarco.com
Fri Apr 20 17:31:20 UTC 2018

*Calling All OpenStack Mentors!We’re quickly nearing the Vancouver Summit,
and gearing up for another successful Speed Mentoring workshop! This
workshop, now a mainstay at OpenStack Summits, is designed to provide
guidance to newcomers so that they can dive in and actively engage,
participate and contribute to our community. And we couldn’t do this
without you—our fearless mentors!Speed Mentoring Workshop & LunchMonday,
May 21, 12:15 – 1:30 pmVancouver Convention Centre West, Level 2, Room
215-216https://bit.ly/2HCGjMo <https://bit.ly/2HCGjMo>Who should sign
up?Are you excited about OpenStack and interested in sharing your career,
community or technical advice and expertise with others? Contributed (code
and non-code contributions welcome) to the OpenStack community for at least
one year? Any mentor of any gender with a technical or non-technical
background is encouraged to join us. Share your insights, inspire those new
to our community, grab lunch, and pick up special mentor gifts!How does it
work?Simply sign up here
<https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/yrv_rocky_speed_mentoring_mentor>,
and fill in a short survey about your areas of interests and expertise.
Your answers will be used to produce fun, customized baseball cards that
you can use to introduce yourself to the mentees. You will be provided with
mentees’ areas of interest and questions in advance to help you prepare,
and we’ll meet as a team ahead of time to go over logistics and answer any
questions you may have. On the day of the event, plan to arrive ~ 15
minutes before the session. During the session, you will meet with small
groups of mentees in 15-minute intervals and answer their questions about
how to grow in the community.It’s a fast-paced event and a great way to
meet new people, introduce them to the Summit and welcome them to the
OpenStack community.Be sure to sign up today
<https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/yrv_rocky_speed_mentoring_mentor>!*

*Thanks,*

*Amy (spotz)*