[Openstack] [neutron] Advice on replacing (non-openstack) existing IPv6 setup

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:39:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm seeking some advice on replacing a libvirt/manual setup with an
openstack/VM based one. Most of the work has been done and seems to work,
however, the existing setup has working IPv6 on the host as well as the
guests -- something that I have failed to achieve so far with the OpenStack
replacement.

My situation is a single host with a /64 subnet assigned. The guests and
the host have been assigned an IP from the available /64 subnet. All
traffic from the host and the guests needs to be routed upstream through
fe80::1.

Everything works as long as I don't set up any IPv6 at all. But when I set
up the external interface (enp4s0) with an IPv6 address (no matter which
one), the linux bridge receives "File exists" errors from RTNETLINK.

Can anyone point me to configuration examples or installation documentation
for the case I'm trying to configure? (Note that I have looked at this
page: https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/config-ipv6.html
but the fact that it talks a lot about prefix delegation makes it very
confusing, tbh...)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

--
Bye,

Erik.

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.