[Openstack] [pike] general how to get off the ground questions

John Fleming john at spikefishsolutions.com
Mon Apr 2 10:55:30 UTC 2018

Thanks for the reply. I have cirrus working. In bound ssh key auth works fine. Outside connectivity via provider network works as well. Sorry for not making that clear.

Still reading through the links. I’m sure this is going to be square peg in a round hole issue.

A little back ground. These are Checkpoint firewall images. Basically I’m trying to support older releases. They do have a openstack qcow2 image but only for newest releases.

I want interface names to match up with what the Mgmt server has defined. That’s why I was looking for custom interface names.

I’m not looking for a miracle. I know there are going to be a lot of limitations. Maybe to the point where this isn’t really the correct tool for what I’m looking to do but I’m still going to take a stab at it to see where I end up.

My goal is to have openstack handle vm management , storage and network plumbing. I don’t expect it to handle route injection but I do want to have the ability to create a lab stack so I can prime an environment and boot it up pay with it then trash it.

Thanks all!