[Openstack] [openstack-dev] [designate] multi domain usage for handlers

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Thu Sep 28 16:54:09 UTC 2017

On 28/09/17 17:06, Kim-Norman Sahm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm currently testing designate and i have a question about the
> architecture.
> We're using openstack newton with keystone v3 and thus the keystone
> domain/project structure.
>
> I've tried the global nova_fixed and neutron_floating_ip handlers but
> all dns records (for each domains/projects) are stored in the same dns
> domain (instance1.novafixed.example.com and
> anotherinstance.neutronfloatingip.example.com).
> is is possible to define a seperate DNS domain for each keystone
> domain/project and auto-assign the instances to this domain?
> example: openstack domain "customerA.com" with projects "prod" and
> "dev". instance1 starts in project "dev" and the dns record is
> instance1.dev.customerA.com
>
> Best regards
> Kim

Hi Kim,

Unfortunately, with the default handlers, there is no way of assigning
them to different projects.

We also mark any recordsets created by designate-sink as "managed" -
this means that normal users cannot modify them, an admin has to update
them, with the `--all-projects` and `--edit-managed` flags.

The modules provided are only designed to be examples. We expected any
users would end up writing their own handlers [0].

You should also look at the neutron / designate integration [1] as it
may do what you need.

Thanks,

Graham

0 -