[Openstack] [designate] multi domain usage for handlers

Kim-Norman Sahm kim-norman.sahm at noris.de
Thu Sep 28 16:06:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

i'm currently testing designate and i have a question about the architecture.
We're using openstack newton with keystone v3 and thus the keystone domain/project structure.

I've tried the global nova_fixed and neutron_floating_ip handlers but all dns records (for each domains/projects) are stored in the same dns domain (instance1.novafixed.example.com and anotherinstance.neutronfloatingip.example.com).
is is possible to define a seperate DNS domain for each keystone domain/project and auto-assign the instances to this domain?
example: openstack domain "customerA.com" with projects "prod" and "dev". instance1 starts in project "dev" and the dns record is instance1.dev.customerA.com

Best regards
Kim

________________________________
Kim-Norman Sahm
Cloud & Infrastructure(OCI)

noris network AG
Thomas-Mann-Straße 16-20
90471 Nürnberg
Deutschland

Tel +49 911 9352 1433
Fax +49 911 9352 100

kim-norman.sahm at noris.de

https://www.noris.de - Mehr Leistung als Standard
Vorstand: Ingo Kraupa (Vorsitzender), Joachim Astel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Stefan Schnabel - AG Nürnberg HRB 17689