[Openstack] Disable distributed loadbalancers (LBaaSv2)?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sat Sep 16 16:25:44 UTC 2017

When I setup my OS cluster over a year ago, I chose to use
distributed LBaaSv2. That sounded like the most sensible
thing - redundancy is the primary goal with me choosing
OS in the first place!

However, it turned out that there’s a very grave bug in
OS - Neutron - (only just recently fixed - a few weeks ago and
only in the latest development code).

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1494003
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1493809
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1583694

I run Newton (and don’t want to risk everything by either
re-installing or upgrading - last time it took me two months
to get things working again!).

Doesn’t seem to be any backport of the fix to Newton :( :(.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can “hack” the DB
(MySQL) so that it isn’t distributed any more? The OS
command line tools won’t let you de-distribute one :(.

This should be “fairly” straight forward, for anyone that knows
the “inner workings” of Neutron. Simply “undo” whatever

    neutron router-create --distributed True --ha False rname

did. I can’t unfortunately delete the router and then recreate
it without destroying my whole setup, instances, networks,
etc, etc. Everything “hangs” off of that router...