[Openstack] No ping to Openstack instance

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Thu Sep 7 09:00:23 UTC 2017

Whether you've switched on DHCP-server on the subnet which VM belongs to?
If yes - check logs of DHCP-server (dnsmasq) on the node where it
resides - whether it receives DHCP requests and whether it sends answers
or why it rejects requests.
If DHCP-server don't receives requests or if it sends answers and VM
don't receives them - check using tcpdump entire chain of ports between
VM and DHCP server and find where it drops DHCP exchange.

On 9/7/17 11:42 AM, wahi wrote:
> When I accessed cirros instance and checked the network file it was on
> dhcp mode, but ip a doesn't show any given IP only the local IP. Does
> it mean that the instance cannot get a DHCP IP ?

Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison