[Openstack] Ocata Update libvirtd Error

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Sun Oct 8 14:46:13 UTC 2017

 Hello,

 I 've tried today to update my OpenStack installation to the latest
 Ocata version.

 What I did was to shutoff all running instances, perform all updates
 and then rebooted controller and compute nodes.

 All seemed to have finished successfully but unfortunately when I tried
 to power on instances that had attached to them volumes (which are
 provided by Ceph) I got the following error:

 libvirtError: unsupported configuration: Found duplicate drive address
 for disk with target name 'sda' controller='0' bus='0' target='0'
 unit='0'

 and the instance status now is "Error" and "No State" as a Power state.

 This happened only to the instances that already had volumes attached
 to them. All the rest instances booted up normally.

 I have tried to reset the states of the problematic instances using:
 nova reset-state --active $instance_id and then take a snapshot of them
 so that I can delete and recreate them.

 Unfortunately although the state update was successful the snapshot
 couldn't be taken because of this :

 InstanceNotRunning: Instance $instance_id is not running.

 Any ides of what can I do in order to start my instances again? Any bug
 which is related?

 Best regards,

 G.