[Openstack] Implementation docs ?

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Sun Nov 26 09:47:36 UTC 2017

Hi Guru,

in general, there is no difference betweeb UI or CLI methods - both are
using API, which is available through endpoints, described in Keystone.

If you want to see details on what is happening when you're doing some
operations - try to switch debug=True and verbose=True in Neutron's
config files (neutron.conf and corresponding plugins e.g.
neutron/plugins/ml2/*) - this will give you a comprehensive view on
operations itselfs and their sequence.

On 11/25/17 7:11 PM, Guru Desai wrote:
> Thanks Melvin..
>
> I had a look at there. Unfortunately, that link does not provide much
> info on the details. I am curious to understand the operations that
> happens in the backend when
> some operation is done using UI or CLI i.e say when a security group
> is created, what happens in the backend with openvswitch or linux
> bridge etc..
>
> Regards,
> Guru
>
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Melvin Hillsman <mrhillsman at gmail.com
> <mailto:mrhillsman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey Guru,
>
>     You can find some information here -
>     https://docs.openstack.org/ocata/networking-guide/
>     <https://docs.openstack.org/ocata/networking-guide/> - I am not
>     sure how dated the document is but it offers some good
>     introductory information at least. Additionally you may find some
>     help in the #openstack-neutron IRC channel. Hope this helps you
>     get started.
>
>     On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Guru Desai <gurud78 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:gurud78 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hello All,
>
>         I am new kid in the block !!   looking for info on few things
>         of Openstack. Apologies if this is not the place to post such
>         questions.
>
>         Any doc on security group/ general network operation(creating
>         network, deleting etc) implementations, any flow-chart kind of
>         ?  i mean how would SG function with ovs,linux bridge
>
>         Any pointers would be very helpful.
>
>         Thanks
>
>         GD

>     --
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Melvin Hillsman
>     mrhillsman at gmail.com <mailto:mrhillsman at gmail.com>
>     mobile: (832) 264-2646

Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison