[Openstack] [heat] AutoScalingGroup and dependents

Lars-Erik Helander lars-erik.helander at proceranetworks.com
Sun Nov 19 16:27:29 UTC 2017

I am using OS::Heat::AutoScalingGroup in the following type of scenario

resources:
   my_vm:
      type: SOME_TEMPLATE_WITH_A_VM_CONNECTED_TO_MULTIPLE_NETWORKS
      properties:
        networks: { get_attr: [my_networks, outputs_list, my_network] }

   my_networks:
     type: OS::Heat::AutoScalingGroup
     properties:
        resource:
           type: SOME_TEMPLATE_WITH_A_NETWORK_ATTRIBUTE_my_network_HOLDS_NETWORK_ID

When I deploy my stack everything works as expected. When I trigger (using a ScalingPolicy and its alarm_url) the my_networks group scales as expected.
Now I want the my_vm resource to adjust to the new state (re-evaluation of { get_attr: [my_networks, outputs_list, my_network] } ).

Can this be done ?

/Lars