[Openstack] [heat] Heat::SoftwareDeployment not working

Amit Kumar ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:43:31 UTC 2017

Thanks Eugene and Ignazio for your replies.

Please take note that Heat::SoftwareConfiguration is working perfectly at
my end. Shell script provided with Software configuration works fine.
Problem is occurring only when I am trying to use Heat::SoftwareDeployment
instead of using SoftwareConfig directly. Only motive behind using
SoftwareDeployment is to be able to pass input parameters to shell script.

Adding more to the above, VM is accessible from external new using SSH.
Flat NW is being used to put VM's eth0 on external NW. IP assigned is fixed
using NW port. If Nw is provider Nw then does it make any difference for
SoftwareConfig and SoftwareDeployment? curl -v http://169.254.169.254
<http://169.254.169.254/latest> works fine.

Regards,
Amit