[Openstack] [heat] Heat::SoftwareDeployment not working

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Fri Jun 23 13:13:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

it seems like your VM fails to connect to the metadata server, so any
configuration provided by user-data will have failed. Is the VM's
network configured properly? Does it get its IP by DHCP? Is it a
provider network or a self-service network?
If it's a provider network (external router), you'll have to provide
the user-data and network config by config-drive, this way you won't
need a metadata-server. If it's a self-service network, is DHCP
enabled? Check your ip config within your vm. If the ip config is as
expected, try to execute "curl -v http://169.254.169.254/latest", does
it timeout?

Are dhcp-server and metadata-server up and running? What's the output of
neutron agent-list

If you launch an instance in the same network without heat, just with
the user-data, does that work? If it does it's probably a heat issue.
Have you checked the heat logs for any hints?

Regards
Eugen

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : eblock at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983