[Openstack] nova - Error in cells

SGopinath s.gopinath s.gopinath at gov.in
Thu Jun 15 03:37:19 UTC 2017

Hi ,

I'm trying to install Openstack Ocata in
Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS.

I could able to start nova services and successfully
could get the output on executing

openstack hypervisor list ...

No issues...

But when I execute

su -s /bin/sh -c "nova-manage cell_v2 discover_hosts --verbose" nova

I get the error

ProgrammingError: (pymysql.err.ProgrammingError) (1146, u"Table 'nova_api.compute_nodes' doesn't exist")

I could not find compute_nodes table in the database nova_api.
However the compute_nodes table is in nova_api_cell0 database and it
does not contain any rows.

I think there is only a minor issue in assuming where the table is in which
database.

Could anyone suggest a solution for this.

Thanks,
S.Gopinath