[Openstack] [Swift] How to add a new node without ring copy?

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:09:58 UTC 2017

I've heard of people using the seed feature of rebalance to try make it
repeatable enough to seem deterministic.

But I always found the idea bonkers.

Maybe just upload them into swift?  Let the provisioning of a new node
checkout the builders - add itself - rebalance - upload modified builder
and new rings. Always be having all the nodes download the newest ring on
cron.

Or a million other things not with the trying to have 100 nodes come up
with 1 and only 1 answer.

-clay