[Openstack] [Swift] : Internal Working of PUT Command
ksameersrk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:44:45 UTC 2017
I was eager to know the data-flow of an object on Openstack Swift PUT
command. I know a highlevel overview from various posts, which I am not
- Client Initiates PUT command specifying the object path on local
storage to that on swift cloud.
- The Object is transferred to proxy-server over HTTP request.
- If (REPLICAS = 3), then three primary nodes are found out using Ring
- Then the object is transferred to these three primary nodes parallely
from proxy server.
- Then after majority successful ACK (two here), the client is sent back
I will be happy if someone can confirm the above sequence of steps is
My follow questions are
- What happens when there is NO ACK from the 3rd node?
- How is rsync used, when there is node failure?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack