[Openstack] There are no availability zones

Amit Kumar ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:59:48 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am new to Opestack. I have deployed Openstack using Openstack Ansible. I
am using Newton release from tag 14.0.0. My test environment is containing
only Compute Node and Controller Node (Infra Node).

After this deployment is successful, I have added an image in glance,
created a flavor but when I am trying to launch an instance using "Launch
Instance" page on Horizon UI, it is showing that there are no availability
zones and hence launch is not successful.

I have checked using "Openstack availability zones list" and it is showing
three zones (Internal, nova and nova) and they are available. Also checked
with "nova availability-zone-list" and it shows availability zone
"internal" and its status as active/available. When I am using "neutron
availability-zone-list", it shows two zones nova and nova. Horizon UI is
showing availability zones in "Host Aggregate" as "internal" only. One more
thing "Openstack hypervisor list" is empty.

Has anybody faced such issue ever that why availability zones are not
available in Horizon UI launch instance? Please guide if you have any clue
regarding this issue.

Regards,
Amit