[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Fuel] Packing kernel drivers into target image.

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 7 18:18:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

Bootstrap image is used only when node is in discovery state (before
provisioning is done), when you send nodes for provisioning, Fuel builds an
image using repository from environment configuration, after the image is
built, it reuses it for future deployments you can find details in
documentation, for example here [1] "Image building" section.
You have multiple options:
1. Make sure that new kernel is available in configured repository, remove
image from "/var/www/nailgun/targetimages" run deployment of new nodes,
which would trigger image rebuild.
2. More safe option would be to rebuild image in place
"/var/www/nailgun/targetimages", in this case don't forget to update
checksums in "env_1_ubuntu_1404_amd64.yaml" file.

Thanks,

[1]
https://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-9.1/reference-architecture/single/index.html