[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Fuel] Packing kernel drivers into target image.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:42:38 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm using Fuel 9.1 to deploy OpenStack, but I found that the kernel still
too old to support Intel i219-LM NIC card.

So I'm followed the instruction from OpenStack Documents and built the
bootstrap kernel with latest e1000e driver. Then tested and it successfully
catch i219-LM information in Fuel UI and bootstrap node.

But after these, I thought a one problem. Even I successfully modify
bootstrap kernel, it will got no changes and may cause issue after
deployment if target node didn't use bootstrap kernel as environment kernel.

So does target image will use bootstrap kernel as kernel image? If not, how
can I modify target kernel image?

Many thanks,
Eddie.