[Openstack] transfer of IP address between ports

공용준 sstrato.kong at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:36:55 UTC 2017

Volodymyr.
Check the inline answer.

> 2017. 8. 24. 오후 1:42, Volodymyr Litovka <doka.ua at gmx.com> 작성:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> please, see inline.
>
> On 8/23/17 5:47 PM, 공용준 wrote:
>> Hi Volodymyr
>>
>> From my understanding, Do you need to maintain same IP address between port(and Mac will be changed)?
>> If that, it will be hard because there’s some cool down time(something like reuse ip timeout)  in the neutron IPAM db. If my memory is right, it was ten or five sec.
> There is another scenario. It's going to be public cloud and there can be few reasons to allow customer to move pubic IP address between his VMs, e.g. he built another VM using another OS for same role and need to move this role from old VM to new VM, do not changing other infrastructure's configurations. Five or ten seconds of cool down time isn't a problem itself, since it's not for high availability
Did you consider the lbaas for this purpose? I think floating IP’s concept is good, but the implementation I think we need to rethink about this.
and I thinks opentack’s octavia also do the job.

   Well, about the DB, it's quite easy. just delete the unique key constraint. https://gist.github.com/sstrato/8b2c9402b6408b4b8e8992df4da16276 <https://gist.github.com/sstrato/8b2c9402b6408b4b8e8992df4da16276>. then you can create port with duplicate IP. but if you open this api to the public user it’s gonna secret threat so i changed the policy. and the last part ECMP, I develop new network model using /32bit subnet based on neutron network component. Inside of our networking model, when vm gets its ip from dhcp, it advertise the ip via dynamic networking protocol. so when you create multiple neutron port with the same ip, it means ECMP in our networking model. If you need more this will helps. https://www.openstack.org/videos/vancouver-2015/sdn-without-sdn-at-daumkakao <https://www.openstack.org/videos/vancouver-2015/sdn-without-sdn-at-daumkakao>