[Openstack] Redhat overcloud deployment failing at post deployment step

Vagner Farias vfarias at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 12:58:26 UTC 2017

Hello Shyam,

As a general rule, I'd recommend using the following command to investigate
deployment failures (after sourcing stackrc file). Send back the results to
the list if the output still seems confusing.

$ openstack stack failures list --long overcloud

It'd also help the investigation if you could make the
storage-environment.yaml and network-environment.yaml files available,
together with the results of above command  (http://paste.openstack.org/ or
somewhere else).

AllNodesDeploySteps is a huge stack with several nested stacks and the
failure could have happened in any of the steps. Although the above command
should provide a clue of what happened, if you are curious you may like to
run the command below to list all the nested resources:

$ openstack stack resource list -n5

or, to get only the failed resources:

$ openstack stack resource list -n5 | grep FAIL

There a good explanation on how to debug tripleo heat templates at
http://hardysteven.blogspot.com.br/2015/04/debugging-tripleo-heat-templates.html,
if you want to go further.

--
Vagner Farias