[Openstack] Mirantis instances lose IPs frequently

Raja T Nair rtnair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:52:40 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Mirantis version 7.0
ovs version: 2.3.1-1~u14.04

Lately we observe that many instances lose IPs and they never get it back
even after reboot. On a detailed check on the compute nodes where this
happened, we noticed the openflow dropping packets.

This command's output shows lot of ``dropped'' status.
#ovs-ofctl dump-flows br-int

And #ovs-ofctl del-flows br-int
and a subsequent reboot of problem instances seem to fix the issue and
instances regain their IPs.

We really don't know why the corruption/drop happens and how it got fixed.
Trying to understand this issue a bit deeper. Can someone help me with this?
Is there a better way to address this problem?

Best Regards,
Raja.

--
:^)