[Openstack] [newton][networking-sfc] How to install networking-sfc on fuel environment?

Artem Plakunov aplakunov at arccn.ru
Thu Apr 20 13:58:09 UTC 2017

Hello. I have a problem installing networking-sfc on fuel 10 (newton)

First of all I couldn't find a way to install it in one command, so I
looked at what exactly devstack installation does. This resulted in the
following steps:

1. pip install --target /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ --upgrade
--no-deps --no-cache-dir networking-sfc==3.0.0 (both compute and controller)
2. neutron-db-manage --config-file /etc/neutron/neutron.conf
--subproject networking-sfc upgrade head (only on controller)
3. Fix neutron configs:
     -- add
networking_sfc.services.sfc.plugin.SfcPlugin,networking_sfc.services.flowclassifier.plugin.FlowClassifierPlugin
into service_plugins in neutron.conf (both compute and controller)
     -- add [sfc] drivers = ovs [flowclassifier] drivers = ovs at the
end of neutron.conf (both compute and controller)
     -- disable security groups and enable l2_population and
arp_responder in /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini (both
compute and controller)
     -- set mechanism_drivers =openvswitch,linuxbridge,l2population in
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini (only on controller)
4. Restart neutron ovs agent and server

After these steps I can create any sfc element through neutronclient,
but it does not seem to affect anything. There are no sfc flows in ovs
on compute nodes or controller, and there are no errors in any of the
neutron logs on any node.

Looks like I'm missing a step. Can anyone tell what did I miss?