[Openstack] Urgent: How to recover a Controller?

Samer MACHARA smachara.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 08:39:48 UTC 2017

Hello, everyone!
    My question is:  My question is: How to recover a Controller node from
an accidental deletion?

    Last weekend, my company programmed an electricity cut to make some
tests. to avoid harms in our production environment, so we decided to turn
it off using the procedure described here:
     https://docs.openstack.org/developer/fuel-docs/userdocs/
fuel-user-guide/maintain-environment/shutdown-env.html
and to turn it on we follows:
   https://docs.openstack.org/developer/fuel-docs/userdocs/
fuel-user-guide/maintain-environment/start-env.html#start-env

We started the node "Fuel Master" without problems. However, when we
started the controller 1, the problems began:
because of an old "Cluster Manager" installation that shouldn't be started,
the Controller1 was overwritten with another operating system.
Now, I need to recover the controller1 maybe using the controller2.

Please, can you tell me the procedure to do that?
Thanks in advance.

Here is my environment:

1 x Master (Fuel 9.0)
2 x Controller
1 x Storage (Cinder)
1 x telemetry-MongoDB (Celiometer)
13 x Compute

*OpenStack Release:*  Mitaka on Ubuntu 14.04
*Compute:*                  KVM
*Network:  *                 Neutron with tunneling segmentation
*Storage Backends:*    Cinder LVM over iSCSI for volumes, qcow images

*Nodes features*:
    CPU             8 x 2.53 GHz
    Disks           1 drive, 233.8 GB total
    Memory        6 x 4.0 GB, 24.0 GB total
    System        Supermicro X8DA3

    *Interfaces*     2 x 1.0 Gbps
                                            enp3s0      Admin (PXE)
                                            enp4s0      Public, Storage
(vlan:102), Management (vlan:101), Private(vlan: 103)

*Switches:*
     DELL 6248 (enp3s0)
     HP 5400zl  (enp4s0)