[Openstack] Fuel 11 deployment fails

Dmitry Sutyagin dsutyagin at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 4 22:22:38 UTC 2017

Hi Konstantin,

- Anyone knows why fuel slaves during deployment get 192.168.0.4 as def gw?

AFAIK this is by design - by default after deployment all nodes which have
public IP will use public GW to access internet; all nodes without a public
IP (which is the case when "Assign public network to all nodes"is not
selected in Networks -> Other) will use management "virtual" gateway which
is in turn hosted on one of the controllers as a vrouter namespace, and
controlled via pacemaker. So at some point during deployment the gateway on
the nodes changes. Controllers can have either public ip gw or Fuel as
their gateway, but other nodes are supposed to access internet through
controllers. This was introduced around MOS 6.1 or 7.0 I believe.

- So should I manually attach interfaces in ubuntu to each node or just
allow internet traffic on routers from management network for example?
No. The error you've encountered may indicate that there is no network
connectivity via management network between these nodes and controllers,
but I'm not 100% sure, I don't remember exactly through which interface the
nodes try to access internet during pre-deployment network checks, but
logically it should be the same as when nodes are completely deployed.

--
Yours sincerely,
Dmitry Sutyagin