[Openstack] Is there some Openstack version that supports Docker as a hypervisor driver?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Sat Apr 1 21:40:29 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Jorge Luiz Corrêa's message of 2017-04-01 17:17:29 -0300:
> There are some researchers that already have some docker images with workflows. So I would like to run docker images.
>
> :)
>
> I'm thinking that that wiki is not up to date.

Docker is not suitable for the hypervisor role. You lose most of the
advantages of docker, and gain a bunch of weirdness in your instances.
It was never designed to act like a whole machine, so don't try to
bend it to be one. It's an app, to be run on computers, and OpenStack
is excellent at managing computers and computer-like things in various
forms. Your options are this:

* Ironic - just run Docker in baremetal boxes booted by Nova.
* KVM - Same, but on VMs so you can chop the hardware up more.
* LXD - You can run Docker inside LXD. Main reason to do this is that
        you think KVM is too heavyweight.