[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Swift] Is it possible to stream a file from a Java server to OpenStack Swift?

Alexandr Porunov alexandr.porunov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:55:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

Is it possible to stream a file from a Java server to OpenStack Swift?

I need to store very large files in the OpenStack swift through the Java
server. Java server performs authentication, validation and other special
logic after that it sends file into OpenStack Swift.

The problem is that I don't need to store big files localy on the Java
server. I don't need them there. So, Java server has to act like a pipe. It
has to accept an input stream from the client and create an output stream
to the OpenStack Swift Proxy after that it has to read small parts of data
from the input stream and send them to the output stream.

Are there any APIs which let us create such a Java server?

Sincerely,
Alexandr