[Openstack] How to build kernel driver for Fuel bootstrap image?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:24:15 UTC 2016

Hello everyone.

I had a motherboard which contains 3 x Intel I210 and 1 x Intel i219-LM
network adapter.

Trying to deploy this machine as compute node by using Fuel 7.0, but found
that CentOS bootstrap can't recognize i219-LM.

So I'm trying to build a new "e1000e" kernel driver which can support
i219-LM, and it most built based on same kernel version as Fuel bootstrap.

But I found that there is no "build" folder inside the
/lib/modules/<bootstrap kernel version>/.

Also tried to build on Fuel Master Node, and repack initramfs.img, but
modprobe didn't load it because kernel version does not match.

How can I build kernel driver from direct bootstrap image?

Many thanks,
Eddie.