[Openstack] internal dns management in mitaka

Brandon Sawyers brandor5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:42:26 UTC 2016

Hello everyone:

I'm wondering if there is a way to manage internal dns in mitaka other than
setting dns_domain to a blanket domain in neutron.conf (that applies to all
guests created across all projects/networks).

What I'd like to be able to do is have each private network (or project
maybe?) be able to control the domain names attached to their guests.

For example projectX has two internal networks test and prod. The test
network would have the dns_domain 'test.local.' associated with it, while
prod would have 'prod.local.'

Any new guest created on the test network would come up as
guest1.test.local and be able to access guestX.test.local by name.

Is this doable?

If not, am I missing something obvious? It's starting to feel like I am.

Thanks for the help!
Brandon