[Openstack] why baremetal did not send dhcp request in tenant network

Travis Vu travisvu at arista.com
Tue Oct 18 20:37:59 UTC 2016

Yes, baremetal is setup to use DHCP (network boot).  Baremetal dhcp works
fine in the provisioning network.  That's how it was able to load user OS
from Ironic.  Once it loaded user OS, it reboots using the user OS into the
tenant network. From watching the monitor, the baremetal did not send any
dhcp request on the boot into the tenant network.
On the boot up into the tenant network, the keyboard does not work.
Basically, baremetal booted up, but is not accessible.