[Openstack] why baremetal did not send dhcp request in tenant network

Nasir Mahmood nasir.mahmood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:28:21 UTC 2016

Is the BIOS on baremetal hardware configured to boot from dhcp. Looks like
opposite to me .

It should at least  show you to boot either into local os or other
available options like usb, network boot etc.

On Oct 19, 2016 12:24 AM, "Rick Jones" <rick.jones2 at hpe.com> wrote:

On 10/18/2016 11:54 AM, Travis Vu wrote:

> I used Openstack Ironic to provision baremetal.  baremetal booted up in
> provisioning network and loaded user OS.  When baremetal rebooted into
> tenant network, it did not send dhcp request.  I cannot ping the tenant
> IP address Ironic assigned to baremetal.
> Why did baremetal not send dhcp request when booting up in tenant network?
> How do get baremetal to dhcp for an IP address in tenant network?
>
> Baremetal booted up without IP address and the keyboard does not work.

Perhaps a silly question, but the user OS booted to the baremetal server
was setup to do DHCP yes?

rick jones