[Openstack] Timeout of Horizon web interface when idle

김기석 [KI SEOK KIM] kskim at netmarble.com
Thu Nov 24 01:54:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

Keyston token expiration is defined on source code below.

# keyston/conf/token.py
expiration = cfg.IntOpt(
    'expiration',
    default=3600,
    min=0,
    max=sys.maxsize,
    help=utils.fmt("""
The amount of time that a token should remain valid (in seconds). Drastically
reducing this value may break "long-running" operations that involve multiple
services to coordinate together, and will force users to authenticate with
keystone more frequently. Drastically increasing this value will increase load
on the `[token] driver`, as more tokens will be simultaneously valid. Keystone
tokens are also bearer tokens, so a shorter duration will also reduce the
potential security impact of a compromised token.
"""))

You could set keystone conf like this.

# /etc/keystone/keystone.conf
[token]