[Openstack] [OpenStack] [FUEL] WebUI on 8443 reflecting connections. Nothing listening on 8443 after fresh install.

Alex Vanino avanino at vidyo.com
Mon Nov 7 19:08:37 UTC 2016

I'm trying to setup a Fuel master node on esxi following this guide: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/fuel-docs/userdocs/fuel-install-guide/vsphere_intro.html. I'm unable to connect to the webUI on port 8443 after setup. I keep getting connection refused in the browser.

I can ssh to the box, so I'm sure my admin subnet restriction is correct. (I'm allowing the entire 172.16.0.0/16). I have two interfaces setup, one for admin(eth0) and one for pxe(eth1). I can't access to admin UI from either one. Connection refused. I also don't see anything listening on 8000 or 8443 when I do a netstat -nap | grep LISTEN. I've also tried leaving my PXE network on eth0(with no gateway) and moving my public(with gateway) to eth1, with same results.

Here is a scrubbed copy of my astute.yaml:
http://pastebin.com/ui32kPzD
Note; I do notice this part:
  "cidr": "10.20.0.0/24"
  "size": "256"

I'm not sure why that wouldn't be being updated to match the SSH restriction. I have not tried manually editing the astute.yaml because I don't know how to commit those changes(Does example/deploy.sh apply those changes?).
Here is some more config info:
http://pastebin.com/DgDqMd7N

I showed this to some people on the FUEL freenode irc channel, and someone mentioned that nginx seems to be missing. This may have been caused by a bootstrapping issue. I'm a little lost now, as I was under the assumption that the master node supplies it's own centos bootstrap in the ISO.

I've reviewed a bunch of the anaconda logs as well and noticed some issues, but I can't tell why they're happening. You can find those logs here: https://owncloud.vaninollc.com/s/9jj0T07q994U8xf

The issue's I found are in the puppet bootstrap logs, specifically this part:

Debug: Executing '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install python-openstackclient'
Error: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install python-openstackclient' returned 1: Error: Package: 1:python-openstackclient-2.2.0-1.el7~mos2.noarch (mos9.0-updates)
           Requires: python-openstacksdk >= 0.8.1
           Available: python2-openstacksdk-0.7.4-1.el7.noarch (mos)
               python-openstacksdk = 0.7.4-1.el7
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Error: /Stage[main]/Openstacklib::Openstackclient/Package[python-openstackclient]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install python-openstackclient' returned 1: Error: Package: 1:python-openstackclient-2.2.0-1.el7~mos2.noarch (mos9.0-updates)
           Requires: python-openstacksdk >= 0.8.1
           Available: python2-openstacksdk-0.7.4-1.el7.noarch (mos)
               python-openstacksdk = 0.7.4-1.el7
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I'm not sure what to make of this. It looks like the Repo's it's using are outdated. I didn't change the repo's used on the ISO, so I don't know why this would be.

Regards,

[Vidyo Logo Small]

Alex Vanino
Platform Engineer