[Openstack] Openstack Heat for normal users?

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Tue May 17 13:37:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

are you sure that's "heat_stack_owner" and _not_ "heat_stack_user" role
that is assigned to your normal, non-admin user? These are frequently
confused, but there's a great deal of difference between them, the latter
role indeed has almost no access to Heat API.

Also, what OpenStack version are you using? AFAIR starting from Kilo (or
may be even later maintenance releases of Juno) one does not actually need
the heat_stack_owner role altogether, all user roles should be passed via
trust by default (you have to make sure Heat is configured to use Keystone
V3 for that).

Cheers,

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer