[Openstack] Openstack Heat for normal users?

Florian Rommel florian.rommel at datalounges.com
Tue May 17 13:19:40 UTC 2016

Hi, all, most of our major hurdles are now gone with Openstack and it looks almost all great now..

Now the tricky part. I have gotten into HEAT and have written many templates and actually very complex ones too and I would love for normal users and other tenants to be able to use them but I keep getting an error retrieving stack list.
The user has heat stack owner assigned to him and i can see orchestration in the dashboard but no stacks can be retrieved nor looked at the resource types. What exactly kind of permissions/groups does the user need to be in?
Thanks again for any help already.
when i source the demo rc file i get:

root at control:~ # source .opendemo
root at control:~ # heat stack-list
ERROR: You are not authorized to use index.
root at control:~ #

while the admin rc gives:

root at control:~ # heat stack-list
| id                                   | stack_name | stack_status    | creation_time              | updated_time |
| e7ca31f9-cd14-4f98-9f71-566ef69809c0 | Test4      | CREATE_COMPLETE | 2016-05-17T12:37:33.684783 | None         |
root at control:~ #

only difference is the project name and username/password.

Best regards,
//FR