[Openstack] Neutron Provider Networks Without DHCP

James Denton james.denton at rackspace.com
Thu Mar 24 21:15:54 UTC 2016

Hi Brent,

I managed to do this by creating the port first, and then associating it with the instance:

instance0_port0:
    type: OS::Neutron::Port
    properties:
      admin_state_up: true
      network_id: e0be3064-2011-4d92-b73c-5c4c6825b0c1
      security_groups:
        - 0875fe40-c509-44bf-ac68-e9a4795a64c6

instance0:
    type: OS::Nova::Server
    properties:
      image: 1499479f-80d9-4f39-9129-eec7b6c8d976
      flavor: m1.tiny
      config_drive: true
      networks:
        - port: { get_resource: instance0_port0 }

You should be able to then use get_attr in your template to get characteristics of the port:

get_attr: [instance0_port0, fixed_ips, 0, ip_address] -or-
get_attr: [instance0_port0, fixed_ips, 0, mac_address]

Hope that helps.

James