[Openstack] SSL cert issue on openstack client

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:20:10 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Jagga Soorma <jagga13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> However my mac os x desktop does that without any issues.  I was able
> to get around this on my CentOS server by downloading the
> GeoTrust_CA_Bundle.crt locally and using "export
> OS_CACERT=/var/tmp/GeoTrust_CA_Bundle.crt".  However, I don't want to
> have all my users to have to do this.  Is there a way around this on
> CentOS/Ubunut?  I thought this would be part of the ssl chain included
> on these distributions.

There are a couple of possibilities to explain the different behaviour, but
some additional information is required to pinpoint the issue.  How was OSC
installed on the CentOS systems?  (I presume that it was installed via pip
on OS/X.)

Some (if not all) packagers unbundle the urllib3 module that is included in
the requests PyPI package.  requests also includes its own CA bundle and
this is also changed to use the system CA bundle/certs by some packagers.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com