[Openstack] SESSION_TIMEOUT in Horizon and persistent sessions

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Sun Mar 20 15:08:59 UTC 2016

     I have SESSION_TIMEOUT in Horizon set to 7 days, and 'expiration'
in keystone set to slightly more than 7 days.  I'm still having to log
in a bunch, though, and now I've finally read the code, here:

https://github.com/openstack/horizon/commit/dc7668177a2ef638d9a86e7f6c7f62b075b9592c

     That makes me think that (unsurprisingly) SESSION_TIMEOUT applies
to a current browser session, but doesn't have anything to do with
persistent sessions that can outlast a browser close.  Is there a
feature to allow my users to have a genuinely persistent 7-day login,
regardless of if/when they restart their browsers? Something
cookie-based, for example?

Thanks!

-Andrew