[Openstack] Neutron PATCH 2015.1.2

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Fri Mar 11 12:02:53 UTC 2016

On 11/03/16 11:52, Butts, Darren (EXT - GB) wrote:
> Neil
>
> Thanks, I understand that 2015.1.2 is a cumulative set of fixes for neutron but it would be rather pointless taking the single change only to find I needed to also apply additional changes ? It would make more sense to apply the bundles of fixes as a whole or is that not something that would normally be done in the openstack environment ?

I'd personally advise taking the whole bundle, and I believe that's what
is normally done.

> I installed the service across the nodes using packstack installation. The version I have running on my system is :
>
> Centralised network node controller/network
> openstack-neutron.noarch                2015.1.1-1.el7           @openstack-kilo
> openstack-neutron-common.noarch         2015.1.1-1.el7           @openstack-kilo
> openstack-neutron-ml2.noarch            2015.1.1-1.el7           @openstack-kilo
> openstack-neutron-openvswitch.noarch    2015.1.1-1.el7           @openstack-kilo
> python-neutron.noarch                   2015.1.1-1.el7           @openstack-kilo
> python-neutronclient.noarch             2.4.0-1.el7              @openstack-kilo
>
> Compute Nodes
> openstack-neutron.noarch              2015.1.1-1.el7             @openstack-kilo
> openstack-neutron-common.noarch       2015.1.1-1.el7             @openstack-kilo
> openstack-neutron-openvswitch.noarch  2015.1.1-1.el7             @openstack-kilo
> python-neutron.noarch                 2015.1.1-1.el7             @openstack-kilo
> python-neutronclient.noarch           2.4.0-1.el7                @openstack-kilo
>
> My system is operational this issue was highlighted by the instances being created and hasn't impacted the actual creation of the instances only the traffic being generated on them once they are installed.

Cool, thanks.  So I think your question is, in OpenStack idiom: How can
I upgrade an RDO/packstack cluster from 2015.1.1 to 2015.1.2 ?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer.  But hopefully someone else will
provide that soon, now that the question is (I hope) clear.

Regards,
	Neil