[Openstack] [Neutron][LBaaS] LBaaS Doesn't Work - Linux Bridge + VXLAN

Ludwig Tirazona ljtirazona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:23:44 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I have two network nodes, each running

    neutron-dhcp-agent
    neutron-l3-agent
    neutron-lbaas-agent
    neutron-metadata-agent
    neutron-plugin-linuxbridge-agent

I have it set up for vxlan+linuxbridge, and the l3-agents are in an HA
setting.

The LB doesn't work. When I set it up (LB Pool, Members, Monitor) via
Horizon, no errors pop up, and the info on the page seems to indicate
that everything is set up properly. But when I actually test it out via
the Public Floating IP, it doesn't work.
Whenever I make a Load Balancer instance, with "ip netns list", I can
see a qlbaas name space pop up on any of the nodes. The Floating IP I
assign to the LB pops up on one of the qrouter namespaces/

        I try "ip netns exec <qlbaas name space> ping <lb pool member
ip>", and it is *ABLE to ping its pool members.*

        I try "/ip netns exec <qrouter name space> ping <lb virtual
IP>/". *It CANNOT reach the IP.*
        I try "/ip netns exec <qrouter name space> ping <lb pool member
ip>/", and it is *ABLE to ping the instance properly.*

Now, all of this suggests to me that there is something wrong with the
bridging(?) between the two namespaces

Now my question is: How do I find out what's wrong?

I know that I can do "brctl show" and "ip netns", but that's about all I
know. How can I trace exactly where the packets get blocked up? How can
I know which ip namespace interfaces use which bridge interfaces? And
other things that might help me diagnose this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!