[Openstack] Policy doesn't allow os_compute_api:servers:create:forced_host to be performed issue ...

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Jun 30 13:41:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

it's your nova.policy file that enables this restriction.

control1:~ # grep -r forced_host /etc/
/etc/nova/policy.json:    "compute:create:forced_host": "is_admin:True",
/etc/nova/policy.json:    "os_compute_api:servers:create:forced_host":
"rule:admin_api",

Are you trying to use the nova boot command with --availability-zone
nova:YOUR_COMPUTE_NODE ?
I assume you either have the admin role in that demo project or do it
as the admin user. If you simply don't specify the availability-zone
it should work, nova will choose a fitting hypervisor if it finds one.

Regards,
Eugen

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : eblock at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983