[Openstack] The plot thickens (Was: Networking - next step?)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jun 29 20:44:56 UTC 2016

On Jun 29, 2016, at 9:36 PM, Kaustubh Kelkar wrote:

> It resides within the L3 agent and is transparent to the VM.

Ah, right. That's actually how AWS works as well, I
completely forgot about that.

Thanx.

Well, trying again [creating a new instance], I this time
selected ONLY one of my tenant networks. Nothing else,
nothing fancy.

And it DID get an IP address via the OS DHCP servers!
Woo!

However, I can't ping my OS router :(. That port is still
"Down". But it seems like the DHCP port is open, finally!
And I can ping that from the instance.

So i'm so close, so close!!
--
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing.
- Homer Simpson