[Openstack] Installing Mitaka with Openvswitch support

Adhi Priharmanto adhi.pri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:48:41 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

I have never tried to install mitaka, but in my experience installing
liberty release using neutron & openvswitch which is in liberty document
also doesn't contain guide for neutron & openswitch.
Then I follow "kilo" release guide
http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/ to adjust
neutron & openvswitch configuration.

Cheers.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Daniel Ruiz Molina <daniel.ruiz at caos.uab.es
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm reading http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/install-guide-rdo/ and I
> would like to install a small test cloud (one controller that would act as
> network too, and two computes). I'm executing all commands that are in that
> manual, but when I get "Networking" chapter, I don't know how configure
> with Openvswitch (and not linuxbridge). I have read, also, this
> http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/scenario-classic-ovs.html,
> but I think I have missed something in configuration because VMs don't
> receive DHCP IP offer...
>
> In my scenario, servers have this configuration:
> server: network+controller --> 3 nics --> 1 with public IP and for
> OpenStack management, 1 with private IP for VM data from OpenStack and 1
> with no IP for external network (floating IPs)
> computes: 2 nics --> 1 with public IP and for OpenStack management and 1
> with private IP for VM data from OpenStack.
>
> After trying to do an step-by-step from the manual, I have launched som
> VMs but no one reveives IP address from controller... It seems there is a
> problem in networking configuration (maybe eth0<-->eth1 are swapped...
>
> Help please!

Cheers,

[image: --]
Adhi Priharmanto