[Openstack] Installing Mitaka with Openvswitch support

Daniel Ruiz Molina daniel.ruiz at caos.uab.es
Tue Jun 28 09:02:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm reading http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/install-guide-rdo/ and I
would like to install a small test cloud (one controller that would act
as network too, and two computes). I'm executing all commands that are
in that manual, but when I get "Networking" chapter, I don't know how
configure with Openvswitch (and not linuxbridge). I have read, also,
this
http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/scenario-classic-ovs.html,
but I think I have missed something in configuration because VMs don't
receive DHCP IP offer...

In my scenario, servers have this configuration:
server: network+controller --> 3 nics --> 1 with public IP and for
OpenStack management, 1 with private IP for VM data from OpenStack and 1
with no IP for external network (floating IPs)
computes: 2 nics --> 1 with public IP and for OpenStack management and 1
with private IP for VM data from OpenStack.

After trying to do an step-by-step from the manual, I have launched som
VMs but no one reveives IP address from controller... It seems there is
a problem in networking configuration (maybe eth0<-->eth1 are swapped...

Help please!