[Openstack] [neutron] ICMP host unreachable - admin prohibited

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 28 07:11:15 UTC 2016

Hi Adhi,
yeah this seems to be iptables blocking you're traffic.
Calling
# iptables-save
gives you an easy to read output of all your rules.

Probably you'll find some rule like
# -A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Now the problem with the 2 rules you added is, that you are appending
your rules with -A. Iptables-save should show, that they are processed
after the blocking rule (means never).
So what you need to do is to insert your 2 rules before the blocking
rule. You can do that using -I instead of -A.

Alternatively you could just delete the blocking rule using:
# iptables -D INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Note:
The commands just add/delete the rules on your running system. After a
reboot the rule will be gone again. You need to persist them.
How to do that depends on if you're using firewalld or iptables-service.
I think the www will help you there.

Hope that helps

--
-----