[Openstack] Openstack Mitaka - Neutron configuration

Laurent Dumont ldumont at coldnorthadmin.com
Thu Jun 2 16:42:38 UTC 2016

Hi!

I have a small question regarding the Neutron configuration in Mitaka. I
have been following the Ubuntu 14.04 guide with the provider and
self-service model. Everything works fine and I can get an public ip
address or a private one depending on where I spawn the instance. That
said, is it possible to bridge the VM directly on the same network as
the Openstack nodes? Basically, if I'm using 10.66.66.0/24 on the
management network with both Openstack nodes using static IPs from that
pool, is there a way to create an new network that would allow traffic
from the instances to exit directly on the management interfaces? I'm
aware that it's not a recommended setup as you would want to segment
instances traffic from traffic related to controller nodes.

I would use NAT on the 10.66.66.0/24 network somewhere else. Is there a
way for the DHCP instance to only work within the internal Openstack
network? Assuming that it's possible to bridge the management with the
instances, I would not want DHCP to leak beyond the Openstack instances.

Ouf, that's a lot of stuff!

Thanks for any info.