[Openstack] OpenStack Liberty + Nexus 9000 + VXLAN

Brian Bowen (brbowen) brbowen at cisco.com
Thu Jan 28 00:16:02 UTC 2016

VxLAN is supported by the Nexus plug-in from Kilo, check out the main page http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/OpenStack

Will get you to http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Neutron_ML2_Driver_For_Cisco_Nexus_Devices_Kilo_Release

Brian B.

From: Michael Gale <gale.michael at gmail.com<mailto:gale.michael at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 6:54 PM
To: "openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [Openstack] OpenStack Liberty + Nexus 9000 + VXLAN

Hello,

    Is anyone running an OpenStack Kilo or Liberty release with Nexus 9K integration for VXLAN support?

We would like to use the hardware acceleration on the N9K for VXLAN and are currently using linuxbridge in our OpenStack implementation.

We are not using OpenVSwitch, in looking through the Cisco docs I can only find references to the Juno's release with OpenVSwitch and DevStack.

Any info or docs that someone can point me in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michael Gale